Personal Information You Provide to Us. We collect your personal information when you create an account, call us, browse our website, use online account tools, report service issues, complete surveys, enter contests and promotions, or otherwise communicate with us. This personal information may include, but is not limited to, your name and contact information such as billing address, email address and phone numbers. We may also collect information about your account and your use of our services, which may include your account number, billing and payment history.
We may collect information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser. This information typically includes your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the identity of your internet service provider, the name and version of your operating system and browser, the date and time of your visit, the page that linked you to our website, and the pages you visit. We also may obtain data and information about you from third-parties, e.g. credit information from credit reporting agencies.
How We May Use Your Personal Information. We have legal obligations in relation to the personal information that we collect from you. We fulfill those obligations by using reasonable efforts to do the following things:
- We keep personal data up to date;
- We store and destroy personal data properly;
- We protect personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access and disclosure; and
- We ensure that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
Legal Basis for Processing Your Personal Data. Processing your data may be necessary for the legitimate interests of J R Hess or a third-party, except where such interests are in conflict with your interests, rights or freedoms.
We may use your data for the following purposes:
- When you contact us to conduct business with you and for our legitimate interest of communicating with you about our products and services;
- To establish and fulfill our contract with you if you are one of our customers, suppliers or prospects. This may include verifying your identity or identity of your representative, communicating with you, and arranging the provision of products and services;
- Data that we gain from your use of our website and your interactions with us may be used for analytical purposes in pursuance of our legitimate interests of improving our products and services;
- To comply with applicable laws and for our legitimate purpose of protecting our legal rights. This may include sharing your data with third parties as described in the section below.
For certain additional purposes, your personal information will only be processed with your explicit consent.
Your Choices. We respect your right to make choices about the ways we collect, use and disclose your personal information. Where appropriate, you are asked to indicate your choices at the time we collect your personal information. If you receive email or marketing communications, you may “opt-out” of that service at any time by using the unsubscribe feature included in the e-mails.
How We May Share Your Personal Information. If permitted by applicable law, we may share your personal information as follows:
- Within J R Hess for the purposes set forth in this online Privacy Notice
- With our Third-Party Service Providers that perform services on our behalf. Our third-party service providers are required to use adequate privacy protections and may use the personal information only for the purpose of providing services to J R Hess. We do not sell, rent, or trade your personal information. We may transfer your personal information outside the country or geographic region in which you are located. Where we do so, we will ensure appropriate safeguards are in place. Where applicable we ensure appropriate Data Processing Agreements are in effect.
We will not use your personal information to send product or promotional advertising unless you have agreed to receive those.
External Links. Our website contains links to other sites operated by third-parties. J R Hess is not responsible for the actions or privacy policies of third-party websites.
Ad Remarketing This website may use Google AdWords, Facebook, LinkedIn, and possibly other services to advertise on third-party websites to previous visitors to our websites. Any data collected by J R Hess will be used in accordance with this Privacy Notice. You will be asked for your consent if required and, if you want to, you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by adjusting your cookie settings or using a browser plugin.
Children’s Privacy. We do not knowingly collect information from children to sell or promote our products or services. To submit registration or survey information, visitors must be at least 18 years old. If you believe a person below the age of eighteen has sent personal contact information to J R Hess, please contact us immediately at the address listed below and we will use reasonable efforts to promptly remove that information from our databases.
Security. J R Hess follows industry-standard practices to secure the information we collect to prevent the unauthorized access, use, or disclosure of information. These security practices include technical, administrative, and physical safeguards. J R Hess applies appropriate measures to protect the personal information in our possession from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and security of your personal information.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Retention. Your personal information may be retained by J R Hess for the legally required timeframe and our internal retention policies. We will then securely destroy your personal data according to our internal policies and procedures.
Your rights. Depending upon where you reside, your rights in relation to your personal information may include the ability to:
- Request access to the personal information we process about you – this right entitles you to know whether we hold personal information about you and, if we do, to obtain information on the purpose of processing, the category of processed personal data, with whom we shared your personal information and retention periods for such information;
- Correct your personal information if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- Have your personal information deleted – this right entitles you to request the erasure of your personal information, including where such information would no longer be necessary to achieve the purposes for which it is processed;
- Restrict or object to the processing of your personal information, in particular when your personal information is processed exclusively by automated means or the organization is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing;
- Transfer your data in a portable format – this right entitles you to receive a copy (in a portable and, if technically feasible, readily usable format) of your personal information, or request J R Hess to transmit such personal information to another data controller;
- Complain to a competent data protection authority or court;
- Withdraw your previously provided consent to the use of your personal information; and
- Request that a restriction is placed on further processing where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data.
If you wish to access, update or correct other personal information, please contact us. We may ask you for additional information to verify your identity. In most cases, we will update information as requested, if we have no reason to limit or deny your request as permitted or required by law. However, if we are unable to verify your identity we may not update the information as requested.
Contact J R Hess. To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please contact J R Hess in the following ways:
- E-mail us at [email protected]
- Contact us at 401-785-9300
- send postal mail to:
J R Hess Company, Inc.
400 Station Street
Cranston, RI 02910
ATTN: Privacy Officer
If you are resident in one of the country members of the European Union, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or EEA) country member where you work, live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred.
California. If you are a California resident, you have a right to annually request and obtain information about the personal information (if any) J R Hess may have disclosed to third-parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year, without charge. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that were shared and the names and addresses of all third-parties with which J R Hess shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing through the contact information above.
Changes to This Online Privacy Notice. J R Hess reserves the right to modify this online Privacy Notice as required by posting a revised version on our websites. These changes will be effective as of the “Updated” date noted above.