Committed to Responsible DistributionJ R Hess & Company, Inc. specializes in delivering specialty chemical raw materials and customized solutions to formulators and manufacturers across several industries. We are committed to responsible distribution practices and a proud member of the National Association of Chemical Distributors (NACD).
This post introduces basic concepts in wetting properties of surfactants, with a focus on anionic and cationic surfactants.
Surfactants can modify surface properties for challenging applications, making surfaces waterproof; easier to clean, paint, or process; or increase “wetting” when in contact with water.read more
The HLB system provides a framework for predicting how surfactants will behave in emulsion systems.
This article provides a basic overview of the HLB system and how it can be used to optimize formulations with nonionic surfactants.read more
- Surface Chemistry: Surfactant Wetting Properties
- Basics of the HLB System
- Acticarbone: High Performance, Renewable CECA Activated Carbons
- LVP-VOC Exemption: Regulatory Overview
- Dimethyl Esters: Elastomers and Plastics Compatibility
- Specialty Chemical Updates: Carbopol® | TPM Solvent
- Creating Gels: Thickening and Rheology Modifiers
- Emulsifier to Remove Solvent Residue