Specialty Chemical News & Product Updates
A Quick Guide to Dibasic Esters
We receive a lot of questions from customers using or evaluating dibasic esters (dimethyl esters) for their cleaning or formulating applications.
In order to provide a quick reference for the most common questions, we recently added a Frequently Asked Questions page about DMEs.
The new FAQ page offers a quick guide to important information about dimethyl esters and our Sta-Sol® solvents, including product origins, properties, usage and disposal.
Topics covered in our FAQ guide include:
- Are dibasic esters flammable?
- How are dimethyl esters produced?
- Do dibasic esters qualify for the LVP-VOC exemption?
- What are the boiling points of the esters?
- Are these solvents water soluble?
- Are DMEs considered ‘safer chemical ingredients’ by the EPA?
- Are DMEs compatible with my gaskets, seals and/or packaging materials?
- What are the Hansen Solubility Parameters (HSP) of the esters?
- What is the Kauri Butanol (Kb) value of dibasic esters?
- What is the shelf life of Sta-Sol® dimethyl esters?
- Can we recycle these products for repeated use?
- How do we dispose of dibasic esters?
- In what quantities are DMEs packaged and sold?
Receive articles and product updates by email.