Supplying dimethyl esters for over 20 years.
Highest quality, domestically sourced and competitively priced.
J R Hess Co. offers DMEs in standard and customized ratios for customers in a wide range of industries.
Sta-Sol® dimethyl esters and customized solvent blends are used in many industrial and commercial applications.
Dimethyl esters are low cost, safe and effective solvents for dissolving a wide range of resins in manufacturing applications.
These solvents also offer an effective long-term solution for meeting VOC compliance or replacing more hazardous solvents in the formulation of coatings, cleaners and other products.
Applications: Resin Cleaning & Removal in Manufacturing Operations
Sta-Sol® ESS products are used by manufacturers, and recommended by facility safety managers, to remove resins, clean parts, and replace more hazardous solvents.
- Successfully replace NMP to remove and clean acrylic resin from parts and equipment in fiber optics coating line
- Clean epoxy adhesive from parts in OEM manufacturing business unit
- Selected as immersion and flush Solvent for significant polyurethane foam manufacturing and fabrication operations
- Used as safer solvent to clean excess conductive ink cleaning during electronic parts manufacturing
- Clean fiberglass and composite resins from tools and equipment in marine, construction, and equipment manufacturing operations
Co-Solvent in Cleaning & Stripping Compounds
Sta-Sol® ESS dimethyl esters are used as co-solvents in many cleaning compounds, including: Graffiti removers, Ink Cleaners, Floor Wax Strippers, Adhesive Removers, Cosmetic Products, Concrete Cleaners, Degreasers, Water-Based Cleaners, and more.
- Reduce total NMP content and enhance solvency in graffiti removal formulation
- Lower VOC content in HI&I cleaners and personal care products
- Better solvency and overall safety profile as component in urethane gun flush formulation and adhesive removal
- Flexible co-solvent in general water-based degreasers
- Solvent chosen for DfE certified green floor cleaning formulations and safer choice designated products
- Low vapor pressure and price stable replacement or reduction agent for D-limonene in industrial hand cleaning formulations
Paints & Coatings Applications
Dibasic esters are used in several paint and coating applications due to a combination of high solvency with slow evaporation rates, high boiling points and reduced overall environmental, health and safety concerns.
- Replace isophorone, glycol ethers, glycol ether acetates and other HAPs solvents in can and container lining formulations
- Used in automotive OEM and refinish coating applications and resin formulations to replace regulated solvents and enhance smoothness, gloss and flow characteristics
- Reduce NMP content in offshore maritime vessel coating formulations
- Used as solvent in conductive ink compounds
Several Other Application Areas
- Soil Stabilization
- Foundry Core Resin Binders
- Wet Strength Paper Resins
- Wire Enamel Coatings
- Pharmaceutical Applications
Ordering & Shipping:
DME blends are available in drums, totes and bulk quantities.
They are not classified as hazardous by DOT.
Contact Sales Directly:
Phone: 1-800-828-4377, x 104